We firmly believe in spreading knowledge and education about our field so that aspiring Salesforce developers can pursue a career in this trailblazing technology.
In today’s post, we’ll try to catch a glimpse of what a day in the life of a CEPTES’ Salesforce developer entails.
This is the story of Parth – Senior Salesforce Developer at CEPTES.
Parth says, “While applying for jobs into development after completing graduation, I developed an interest in coding for Salesforce solutions. I worked hard and soon earned Salesforce certification. Luckily, I got the opportunity to work with CEPTES, and that completely changed my life. I was soon on the clouds of success, earning, and job satisfaction, thanks to CEPTES. Initially, I worked under my seniors guidance for a few months. Let me tell you I learned a lot during this period – right from coding and learning new algorithms to learning SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.”
Salesforce reins the ecosystem of the enterprise cloud today. “As a Salesforce Developer, I enjoy my job a lot here at CEPTES. Every day brings forth a new challenge that helps me better understand this ecosystem and perform outstandingly well.”
Here’s a quick summary of what Parth told us when asked how a typical day of Salesforce developers like him go at CEPTES.
Parth gets up early, at the crack-of-dawn, takes a shower and gets ready, drinks coffee, eats breakfast, and then sets off for the office, which isn’t very far away from his rented flat. He goes to the office on Tuesdays and Fridays, and other days he works from home. While on the way to the office, he scans his social profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and others) for the latest tech updates in mobile, Salesforce, IoT, AI, integration, and more. He utilizes this time for uploading some valuable information for his connections.
- He arrives at the office by nine and greets his co-workers as the environment is impressive at CEPTES.
- Around 10 o’clock, they have a meeting with the planning team. During the meeting, each team member has to update on the project’s status and deliverables for the day.
Parth says, “These meetings are crucial as usually multiple people work on each project. For example, the client might have asked us to customize their Salesforce environment. The manager, in this case, will check with the Salesforce consultant first if he/she can build the customization points & clicks. If code is required for the customization, a developer (like me) would be assigned this task (of coding). When the developer completes the task, it goes to the QA team for testing if the code matches the design specs as communicated by the project manager and the consultant. Now, this process may take days and even weeks to complete. Attending these planning meetings (scrums) is, therefore, a crucial part of my job).
- After the meeting, around 10 am, Parth starts coding (in the order of the top priority tasks) that must be completed. He loves the creative freedom that Salesforce developers enjoy in problem-solving as there are many ways to do it.
- At 1, it’s lunchtime, so he goes to the common dining area and pours his food in the bowl and plate to share the food with his colleagues (who are his friends now).
- After lunch, he gets to chat or speak with his client (whose project he is working on). Although this is not a regular exercise most of the time, Parth prefers connecting with the client to ensure that he and the client are on the same page.6.Around 3 or 4 pm, it’s time to do the other project’s coding (as assigned during the meeting). The CEPTES team is quite cooperative, and if you are stuck in any project anywhere, help is close at hand as seniors are always eager to guide and help their team learn and grow.
- Around 6.40 pm, Parth leaves for home – listening to his favorite music on the way to relax his mind.
- Parth reaches home around 7.30, eats his dinner, and enjoys watching his favorite show before sleep.
The job is challenging, but then it helps you learn and grow. Innovations don’t occur when you sit passively. You have to accept challenges to innovate and perform. Are you ready to challenge yourself and grow as a Salesforce developer? Join CEPTES!