As a powerful CRM tool, Salesforce can be configured and customized according to the business needs. We can customize each & every type of record, standard tabs, including the addition of the custom fields and setting of the page layouts.
We can also customize search, tagging, and user interface options for our org. In addition to that, every Contact Manager, Group, Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance Edition user can customize various personal display options.
What is Customization in Salesforce CRM?
Salesforce CRM customization is the custom development and coding to add robust features to the CRM platform. We can integrate these customized features with our business as per our need to have a scalable impact.
Customization of Salesforce CRM is not only easy to use but also will help to grow the business exponentially.
Salesforce Customization Examples:
There are numerous examples of customization, and few of them are;
Apex triggers, Apex Classes, Different third-party integrations, visual force emails, alter the page layout using CSS and building visual force pages.
Few Best Practices of Salesforce CRM Customization
For the success of Salesforce Customization, below are few best practices that need to follow.
- Plan well ahead before the customization.
- Organize and prioritize the customization process.
- Use a sandbox environment to create the customizations without affecting other users.
- Always take help from the Salesforce Experts.
- Use other required tools that will help in the customization.
- Test very well before the final deployment of the customization.
- For better communication, use simple, concise, and structured naming conventions.
- To avoid change or duplicate, add details about the feature, which will help other developers to understand the customizations.
- Provide help texts for the ease of the usage of the customization to the end-user.
Few must have Salesforce CRM Customizations are
Salesforce custom portal will help a great end-user experience. As an example, the custom client portal will help to enhance the client’s and our convenience.
Likewise, Salesforce partners, or Salesforce employees portal can use to streamline the communications among the partners or teams to boost and grow the business.
A custom dashboard in Salesforce CRM will help us to view a 360-degree view of our business processes and opportunities.
Now, let’s consider the applicability of customized dashboards in the Real estate industry. We have extensive data from clients, and we want to keep track of our sales funnel. Having a personalized dashboard, we can create custom modules to have a record of our leads, buyers, sellers, property listings, brokers, agents, etc.
Customized Views is the next Salesforce customization that can improve business performance. With this, our customers can have flawless experience and extend the functionality of our Salesforce.
Now, we won’t face the issue of default restrictions, as customized views will give more functionalities such as list views, custom forms, options to upload the attachments, etc.
When will we choose our Salesforce CRM Customization?
We can choose Salesforce CRM customization in any of the below situations:
- Integration of third-party (like ERP, an e-commerce system, etc.) need for better performance of the business process to execute.
- When we need more detailed reports and dashboards that are interactive and well-built to get the required information.
- When it is difficult for the end-users to adapt to the configured platform.
- When we have some budget and dedicated timeline set for customization.
- When we have large amounts of complex business data which is difficult to cover with the default functionality of Salesforce.
Now we know the customization of Salesforce CRM, we can implement whenever we feel the need to help our platform & grow the business.
With customized CRM, we can streamline processes, increase revenue, enhance productivity, get more ROI, and much more.
If you are looking for Certified Salesforce consulting services, then contact us today!